Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gossip & Tacos

Yesterday I was standing on the corner, waiting for the bus. I saw this guy across the street, and thought "I know him. How do I know him?" I thought for a few seconds, and realized he's one of the guys who works in the taco place up the street from my house. I wonder if I've been to the taco place too many times, since the only Mexicans I recognize are either from church or the taco place.

One of my new Spanish words this week is chismoso. Which means gossiper. Tonight a few people are at my house, and a little while ago we were just all standing around. They were talking, I was just trying to be involved. My host sister, Diana, said that she was tired, but was a chismoso so she was staying up to listen to everything. She said that I'm also a chismoso that's why I was hanging around. She then told mama that, and she asked me if it was true. And I said, "No, no entiendo nada pero los quiero mucho." It was a suck-up line. I said, "No, I don't understand anything, but I love you all so much." That's not entirely true, I understand some, but the more I let them think I don't understand the more gossip I'm sure to hear. Hehehe... Ok, for anyone who doesn't like that I'm joking about gossip, it's just a joke. I don't think my family actually gossips about anything, I just think it's a way of joking around.

I was on the metro today thinking about something interesting to blog about,but I don't remember what it was now. Stink! Well, there's always tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. in rach's opinion, to know peeps at church and at the taco stands is CRUCIAL. you know God's people, and you starting to get be familiar with the people's on the corner...who God LOVES. :-)

    chismoso - its a good word to know, i'll hopefully remember it.

    Becs, i propose something. Hopefully you will agree. Every time you blog - until the time you come back to the states. I think you should teach us (me) a new Spanish word that you use in every day talkings w/ peeps. :-) Are u up for that?! Please say yes. i love speaking English and throwin in an EspaƱol word in just to make me look like i know Spanish...you know?! ;o) Remember how i tried to memorize Spanish words when wit ya's. I would try to think of something that would either sound like the Spanish word...or a word that gave me a visual to remember the Spanish word? Remember me doing that? Well, if not. For the word chismoso, i think of the word "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy" Dont be a cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy gosip...or chismoso! i think i'll remember this word...i'm so good. :-) Thx for sayin hi the other nite...have fun at Lomos! Addios, mucho amore, Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome, Rach. I will gladly teach you a new word every time I blog. :) Maybe we'll both be fluent ... eventually.

    ReplyDelete