Sunday, November 8, 2009

...and not be moved by You

Tonight my sister, Hilary, was listening to Everything by Lifehouse. Actually, she was watching the skit on YouTube because the youth in church want to learn it. I really love that song, and so my attention was turned (from the Eagles game) to it. And I started to think about my situation. I spend so much of my time just being bored, not really doing anything, and wondering what's next. And all of a sudden, I thought "I'm a missionary in Mexico, right now." This isn't about preparing to go, I'm already gone. It's not about getting ready for something that's going to happen, it's already happening. I started to ask Jesus how can I be serving here, with Him, and not be moved by Him. Every second of my day I should be moved by Him. I'm not even sure what it means, but I know it should change me.

Lord, move me!!

You're all I want, You're all I need, You're everything...everything...

I also want to remind you that your life is happening right now. Yes, I believe every season prepares us for the next. But we don't sit and wait for something big to come. We need to work out our salvation right now. Right where you are in this moment is where it's happening. It's where God wants to move in you and through you. Let Him, because He truly is everything.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I do that very thing, looking ahead to the next when the right here and the right now is pretty amazing. Sometimes I need to remind myself to appreciate the moment and praise God for the present! You are so insightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this Becs - i've been TRYING to allow Abba to be the God of my present...and just BE...in the NOW. its harder than one would think for sure....

    my life is happening now...cept my feelings feel like nothings is happening....soooo, me & Abba are gonna have a tug a war with the feelings....i'll tell ya later who wins. ;-) Rach

    ReplyDelete