Monday, November 30, 2009

Dropped the Ball

Since I have had unlimited internet access I have not been blogging very much at all. Yes, I dropped the ball. But I'm back! At least for today because tomorrow I'm headed back to Zapotitlan!!! Can I get a woohoo?!?!

If you would have told me 6 months ago that I'd be spending so much time there, and loving it I would have called you a mentiroso...or mentirosa if you're a girl. God did some kind of work in me because not only am I obediently going back, but I'm so excited because I love it there! I'm only going to be there for about 10 days because I want to come back "home" before going home to PA. Wow! Two more weeks!!

Yes, I miss you so much, and I can't wait to be back in PA to see you all! But I'm so at home here I really just want everyone in my life to move to Mexico with me. Ok? Ok, it's settled then.

On Thanksgiving, we celebrated Thanksgiving gringa-in-Mexico style. I made a traditional Strause Thanksgiving meal--turkey, stuffing, potato filling, corn, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, 7 layer salad and cranberry salad. It was stinkin' yummy! My Mexicans loved it. Israel & Aby the pastoring couple in Zapotitlan just happened to be in the city last week so they came over for Thanksgiving, and brought a pumpkin pie. Yay for American food. Actually I don't like pumpkin pie, but I was excited for those who do. It was just a great time with good food, and good friends.

So, tomorrow I'm off to Zapotitlan. We should have some vegetables to harvest pretty soon, and I'm very excited about that! I'm hoping to get some sweet corn before I leave, but with the way the weather has been, I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

I had a few Spanish classes while I was here in Mexico City, and my Spanish is still really bad but it's better than it was. Rach, here's your word for today: manzana (apple). I want to spell it phonetically, but I'm not very good at that. Here's a try mahn-ZAH-nah.
Rachael quiere muchas manzanas con chile. (Rachael wants many apples with chili.)

1 comment:

  1. Si! Rachael adora manzanas con chile!

    may your time in Zapo be fruitful, in more ways than just one!

    hugs,
    loca rach

    ReplyDelete